Core stepping question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you People stop calling it Stepping G0, Jeez...
Its Stepping B, Revision G0.

Here, just look at this CPuZ Screen shot.
Red box == Stepping: B
Blue Box == Revision: G0

See, I made a nice pretty picture so you could all understand.. :p

I think i've already decided on thermal take big typhoon. The revision G0 is an extra 50 bucks on every site i can order from.

I'm from Canada :p If you can recommend a G0 revision for the same price as the b3 stepping is from tigerdirect.ca

I'll look into the tuniq...

Thanks

the big typhoon was a great cooler! about a year ago =p

when i looked up reviews for the AF7 it showed it slightly outperforming the big typhoon.

def. go with a tuniq if your case will fit it

and really, really consider going with a G0 if you can find a decently priced one

My case is the antec 900 gamer case.

So far i can't find the tuniq at canada computer or tigerdirect (the two stores i'm buying most of the stuff from)

Also the go revision from what i've seen is an extra 65 bucks.. Not willing to spend that for a lower voltage model.

Wow thats some nice searching. I saw that sunbeam on ebay from ncix but their based out of BC. GG 2 week shipping :( I'll keep looking though thanks. I guess my next question is how much extra overclock can you get with the reduced voltage of the g0 revision?

Also will my antec 900 be able to hold that beast of a cpu cooler?

Yes the Antec 900 will fit the Tuniq Tower -- you just can't use the optional side panel fan.

I have no personal experience with overclocking quad cores.

From what I've seen others do, though, 3.6Ghz seems the norm for G0 Q6600, and B3's range from 3.2Ghz to 3.6Ghz. The big difference between the chips lies in their temperature output and tolerance -- the G0 runs cooler, and can tolerate more heat. The B3 runs hotter, and can tolerate less heat. So, even if you could overclock both chips to the same clock speed, the G0 would be running cooler, and probably a lot more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom