Core i7 doesn't perform properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I can't give you an exact spec on how much faster it is, never bothered to check really lol. All I can say is I forgot to change my rig over from IDE when I first set it up, and then when I changed it to what it should have been in the first place I was amazed at the difference. Trust me, it's worth doing. If you decide to do it, do a few hdd benchmarks before and after the change and see for yourself!

It's not only the speed that's good about it, you can also now eject/swap drives while the pc is running like you would with any external drive.

So I would need to format my drive, then make the switch in BIOS and then install Windows; Correct?

That's the recommended thing to do, start fresh. However, I don't think you have have have to format/reinstall.
I seem to remember when I did it I didn't bother, but then I formatted and reinstalled a day later anyway (I was experimenting with raptor RAIDs and me mobos proprietary "ultra speed!" (lol) settings among other things).

i didnt notice much of a diff from IDE to AHCI at all...

I switched to AHCI when i got my new hdd, and havent noticed really any difference in speed lol

AW crud, Mine is set to IDE :facepalm: almost did a reinstall but figured the issue out and got every thing running good now lol looks like I'm back to a reinstall.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom