Core i7 doesn't perform properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy smokess guys, it actually worked. I was backing up my shiz getting ready for a format and after unchecking that box and doing a restart:

work.jpg

You have no idea how relieved I am now!
CHEERS !!!

I read an article on Lifehacker that Windows only boots up on one core and you manually need to set it to the maximum cores that you have. It seemed that it was bogus and they made a post to apologize:

"...This bogus tip made the rounds recently and almost everybody got caught including Lifehacker and big brother site Gizmodo... although commenters called it out quickly on both sides, and the editors updated the posts. (That's yet another reason to always participate in the comments here.) According to this tip, you were supposed to use MS Config to modify the "Number of processors" drop-down on the Boot tab. The problem is that this setting is only used for troubleshooting and debugging, to be able to determine if there is a problem with a single processor, or for a programmer to test their code against a single core while running on a multi-core system. Windows will use all your processors by default without this setting."

Thanks for pointing that out to me because I checked that box a while back when I read the bogus post.

+ Rep for all of you who helped solve this problem.

On an unrelated note: Since you're going to be formatting and starting again anyway, make sure that you set your drives to AHCI mode (as opposed to IDE)

Since I am not formatting anymore should I still enable AHCI? Is it better than IDE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom