Core I7 CPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be "that guy" but the 32nm chips are going to run hotter than the 45nm chips. Whenever there is a die shrink 1 of 2 things happen. You can fit more transistors on the same amount of space, or you reduce the size of the die using the same transistor count. Either way, the amount of transistors per square inch goes up, thus more heat is being produced in the same amount of space. The reason for die shrinking is to either reduce the cost of manufacturing or to allow for higher performance on the same die size.

Well Its finalized I purchased my upgraded hadware last night.

1. Core i7 920
2. Asus Rampage 2 extreme
3. G skill 3x2GB triple channel DDR3 (2) for 12GB (Running 64Bit OS)
4. LG Blu Ray burner (2)
5. Seagate 500 GB hard drive 32MB Cache (2)

I cant wait to rebuild my system and overclock this CPU. My new build will be

1. Core i7 920
2. Asus Rampage 2 extreme
3. G skill 3x2GB triple channel DDR3 (2) for 12GB (Running 64Bit OS)
4. LG Blu Ray burner (2)
5. Seagate 500 GB hard drive 32MB Cache (2)
6. Nvidia 9800GTX+ (2) in SLI
7. 1000W PS

I have the Monsoon III on the way to my house. I'll let your know how it does over the weekend. Right know my idle temps are 38-40c.

The Asus Rampage II is a much better board than the first one. This one boots up and works perfect without touching the bios, unlike the first one. I hope your ram works, asus seems to be picky with ram. My corsair dominators work PERFECT.

Wow 12 gigs of ram? I hope you are doing massive HD video editing and some industry level 3D work all at the same time to justify having that much.

Wow 12 gigs of ram? I hope you are doing massive HD video editing and some industry level 3D work all at the same time to justify having that much.

yeah the 6 gig kit is doing me nice and i havn't even clocked them up to 1600mhz yet. I read that your cpu needs to run x2 as your ram settings.

stock 1333mhz ram
2.66 cpu
ram at 1600mhz
3.2 cpu

correct? or does it not matter.

I don't know where you heard that, it doesn't matter. How do you think processors ran when the standard was 800mhz? Processors weren't running at 1600mhz...

I don't know if it is the same on i7 but with the core 2 series, the closer your ram clock to your fsb, the better (theoretically).

I don't know where you heard that, it doesn't matter. How do you think processors ran when the standard was 800mhz? Processors weren't running at 1600mhz...

I don't know if it is the same on i7 but with the core 2 series, the closer your ram clock to your fsb, the better (theoretically).

its only for the i7 (recommendations from intel)

I got the 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 kit . I am going to OC the cpu higher than 3.2 GHZ hopefull close to 4Ghz.

I got the monsoon III on my i7, my idle temps went from around 42c to 29c. I'll see what kind of numbers I get with load, and over clock. And it looks sooooo good on my RE2, oh I found out most of the parts are made by coolermaster. Vigor gaming must be an offshoot of coolermaster.

I got the 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 kit . I am going to OC the cpu higher than 3.2 GHZ hopefull close to 4Ghz.

Mine are running 7-7-7-20 at 1066 right now because i have been too lazy to deal with setting voltages. The i7 seems to be more sensitive to lower latencies than raw speed on memory, so its not that big of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom