Core i7 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
so no, I think that is a bad build ;)

This is a solid i7 build if you already have a gfx card.

Micro Center - Intel® Boxed Core® i7 Processor 920
Newegg.com - EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

good hdd choice. I'd only switch out the ram for the g.skill as they are cheaper and will perform about the same. Also buy the cpu from microcenter as it's like 20 bucks cheaper

Only thing about micro is it's pickup only... I don't live near any of those places to pick it up. I live in maine :D

that g-skill is 9-9-9-24 and the corsair is 8-8-8-24, won't the corsair perform better? or is it not worth the extra 50$

oh yeah... didn't see that.. I had it on Boston so I just saw that they had it in haha. And you could totally drive down to Cambridge and pick it up, just pick me up on the way ;)

lol even though i live in southern maine i think that will defeat the 20$ savings(my v8 loves to eat gas), although i could have it the same day.

that is true. and unless you pick everything up at once you won't see much of a savings. but hey, it's always fun to go down and just gawk at all the **** microcenter has. haha.

I would get this HDD instead; Extra 5 bucks, twice the cache. Worth it:

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

And I just caught this deal on newegg, get this set of RAM instead of either of the ones you got up there:

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Low low low timings, 50 bucks cheaper than the Corsairs, and only 20 bucks more than those G.Skills, and again, look at those sexy timings. OCZ is also a great brand. I'd grab those before that $50 instant discount is gone. ;)

EDIT: If by the time you order that sale is gone, grab these instead:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

But ONLY if that sale is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom