Core i7 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

How's this? What is the difference between SATA and IDE, and what makes SATA better?

With that psu, it says sli 8800 gtx and below, so doesn't that mean that it won't do two 280/285s or do they consume less power?

What about the case makes it bad? I picked it because it looks cool.

I guess it will be 85 for the cooler instead of 75 with the bolt thru kit.

SATA is a newer and better interface compared to IDE. Old IDE ones sometimes use wide ribbon cables and take up a ton of room. With SATA there is just one thin cable. Plus newer motherboards are getting rid of IDE connections.

That PSU should be able to handle 280 in SLI. I would ignore that 8800GTX and bellow stuff. It has a single 12v @ 60A, so thats really good and plenty of power.

Hmmm, how come newegg says the 285 requires 100 more watts. That is a big jump. Could it handle 2 285s?

Anyway, about the speakers. R they too crappy for that sound card?

You shouldn't pick a case because it looks cool. Well... that should be alot farther down the list than ease of use and performance. I highly suggest you get a better case, it will keep everything cooler, and it will most likely be easier to work with. If that case is difficult to work with, it can be REALLY annoying. Every case is different.

Honestly, those speakers probably suck. But if you can't afford anything else, oh well. I am somewhat biased though because I have a $1000 pair of B&W speakers and a $300 Boston sub for my computer speakers.

The sound card is not going to hurt the speakers, the speakers just won't be able to take advantage of the sound card very well. I think if you're going to get cheap speakers, don't bother with the sound card. Take the money from the sound card and get a nice case. That will be money much better spent IMO

Yeah, that is what I meant with the speakers and sound card.

How about these: Newegg.com - Logitech X-540 70 watts 5.1 Speaker - Speakers 5.1!!!!!

Well I guess the one you showed me is better looking than the ones in the recommended components thread.

Newegg.com - NZXT ZERO 2 Crafted Series CS-NT-ZERO-2 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

However, the dude said it is hard to install the optical drive and you don't get the side fans.

Most people that reviewed the other one seemed to like it. I still don't understand why it is low-end. Then again, some people say there is a lot of room and others say there isn't. Idk, maybe I should just forget about it and get something basic.

Yeah, I like the third one, but it is out of my price range.

So what about those speakers I listed?

Also, I didn't mention this before, but I think I'm gonna be forced to use wirless for this thing, so what kind of network card should I put in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom