Core i5 or i7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
I know about how the i7 stacks up against the qxxx series but i don't know much about the Core i5. I heard its just a cheaper version of the i7 and lacks hyper threading, so it's an equal buy just for gaming but isn't as strong for multi tasking. Anyone like to add any comments or corrections?

At the end of the day it is still a quad, hyperthreading or not. The i5 will still chew through apps and games.

The i5 uses a dual channel set up for memory, whereas the i7 uses a triple channel.

At the end of the day it is still a quad, hyperthreading or not. The i5 will still chew through apps and games.

The i5 uses a dual channel set up for memory, whereas the i7 uses a triple channel.

is the i5 still worth it when you compare the price per performance ratio and if you're just using the system to play games and only moderate multi tasking applications?

i5 is a good choice if your building on a budget, otherwise the prices are not that far off from i7. If I were to purchase i5 I would try to go cheap as possible and not spend $180-$200 on a 1156 mobo because, if that were the case I would just shoot straight to i7.

If you live near a Micro Center then yeah i7 is the way to go. Just picked one up this weekend from MC. But there's not very many Micro Centers.

Yeah, I'd have to drive for like an hour to get to the one closest to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom