Core i5 Build need opinions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Research shown me that it's better to go with the f3 instead of the caviar black
1TB = Scan.co.uk: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3, SATA 3Gb/s, 7200rpm, 32MB Cache, 8.9 ms, NCQ, OEM
500GB = Scan.co.uk: 500GB Samsung HD502HJ Spinpoint F3, SATA 3Gb/s, 7200rpm, 16MB Cache, 8.9 ms, NCQ, OEM

Also, if you don't have proper cpu cooling yet, go for the Hyper 212 Plus
Scan.co.uk: RR-B10-212P-GP - Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler

Any particular reason you went with the HAF 932 ? cause i think on going for the HAF 922.. what advantages does the 932 has on it ?

I'm getting a similar system myself (after letting go of the i7 idea)
I envy your mobo though, it's not available here and i'm torn between waiting for it and going for the GA-P55A-UD4.. :(

i got a simple watercooler called hydro h50-1.

why i choose haf 932? many reasons such as ( it has a massive space inside for big parts such as a tower cooler, more space for big gpus like 5800 series and more space the hotair will circulate or evaporate more faster than a nearly closed cases/small ) more it can accommodate more fans than other cases 120mm and such. :)

and why did u let go your i7? i wouldn't choose i7 just for gaming the other cores are just a waste in terms of gaming haha thats what my head said.

just wanna confirm about my build if its alright to put my gpu in xfire with my psu and wouldn't or would be like being a bottlenecking if so?

@slay
i would go for either of those PSU if had enough money to get it but at my state am under budget because am the only one who support myself in everyday expenses.

and yes i would go for that and that HDD I picked out is western digital :) i just forgot to put it.

Your build is almost identical to the one I'm putting together right now. The only difference I can see is the breed of RAM (I went Corsair), but in the same amount out of the gate, and the graphics card (your Saph5850 to my XFX 5770 [got it on a steal]). Different optical drive as well, but that's really not a major issue.

On the whole, this set up is going together pretty easily. I would favour the bigger PSU (particularly the Corsairs), but went with the OCZ 700 because I got it at a really good price (read: it's the first thing I mean to upgrade going forward). If you can delay a little and pick up something beefier, do it.

The HAF 932 is an absolute behemoth. I'm not kidding, as you've clearly found out for yourself. The thing has a buffet of options and space is the furthest thing from consideration. I think it was a good pick, provided you don't mean to move it very often. I don't foresee cooling being a major issue with it, but I'm considering replacing some of the stock fans with Zalmans.

yeah i would go for a bigger PSU if I had money but at the mean time am struggled about my budget coz in 2weeks time am going for holiday so. I would upgrade my OCZ 700 prolly before end of the school year which is in june/july maybe by that time I will have enough money to upgrade it with 850W+ but for now running a single GPU OCZ 700 should be enough.

i know :) just if am going to run more hardware then that psu might jump into my case and planning to run a dual gpu in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom