Core Component Upgradeability

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're saying is...

The CPU situation is settled. I'll just get a 4***+ (depending on price) and then if I feel the need to upgrade later, I can count on AMD having some good 939's for awhile.

My question though, so does the 7800GTX support WGF2.0, I know it supports 1, but not 2. Also a question on SLI, would it be cheaper in the end to get 1 GTX and then upgrade to 2 when I need the power? Or would 2 lower cards (GT's maybe?) get the job done? What I'm basically asking is whether I should just go with single card upgradeability every 2 years (like people have), or infuse more life by upgrading with a 2nd card later on...?

I think I should just get a 7800GT now & then upgrade to a *80 Internally SLIed *80 when they come out in Q3 2006ish. Any thoughts?

The upgradability of SLI is greatly exagerated, despite the fact that you are indeed improving performance it is not worth the cost you are spending for such a marginally small gain

In addition, newer more powerful generation GPUs will most likely move on to different instruction sets, the major being DX10...all current cards are DX9 meaning even if you have an extremely powerful card it can only render in DX9 instruction sets

What is the dissadvantage having a GPU that's designed for another instruction set? Does it not render as well? Is it in performance? Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom