Core 2 Duo upgrade - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: Core 2 Duo upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
Even if you can find an E6300, E6400 for around 110 bucks when price cuts happen they are still very fast chips..
wait what? i never mentioned e6300........

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 07-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Thank you all very much for your help.

As it stands I will probably wait for the C2D price drop and buy a E6700 maybe even a Q6600. My biggest worry is will my standard SATA Hard drive be compatible with all the motherboards, because if I'm not mistaken they use SATAII or something now right?

Also what is the deal when you put a new HDD into your computer, do you have to have a degree in software design in order to set it up or is it very simple. What does it involve?

Thanks again, you guys have been very helpful!

Old 07-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

I highly recommend you go with the e6750 over the e6700. It has been tested and is being heralded as the next overclocking cpu of choice.

What is this system being used for? If you are a gamer than I would recommend bypassing the q6600 and getting the e6750 until the gaming industry begins to better utilized the quadcore technology. If you are a video encoder or CAD user than by all means go with the q6600 as the quadcore will be a significant improvement in performance over a dual core.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel-Zero View Post
Thank you all very much for your help.

As it stands I will probably wait for the C2D price drop and buy a E6700 maybe even a Q6600. My biggest worry is will my standard SATA Hard drive be compatible with all the motherboards, because if I'm not mistaken they use SATAII or something now right?

Also what is the deal when you put a new HDD into your computer, do you have to have a degree in software design in order to set it up or is it very simple. What does it involve?

Thanks again, you guys have been very helpful!
chillax sata is still a baby in the PC world so u can reuse ur HD's.... also look at Bots recommendation....
Quote:
I highly recommend you go with the e6750 over the e6700. It has been tested and is being heralded as the next overclocking cpu of choice.

What is this system being used for? If you are a gamer than I would recommend bypassing the q6600 and getting the e6750 until the gaming industry begins to better utilized the quadcore technology. If you are a video encoder or CAD user than by all means go with the q6600 as the quadcore will be a significant improvement in performance over a dual core.
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 07-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
True Techie

Alright e6750 it is

Closed Thread