Core 2 Duo upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all very much for your help.

As it stands I will probably wait for the C2D price drop and buy a E6700 maybe even a Q6600. My biggest worry is will my standard SATA Hard drive be compatible with all the motherboards, because if I'm not mistaken they use SATAII or something now right?

Also what is the deal when you put a new HDD into your computer, do you have to have a degree in software design in order to set it up or is it very simple. What does it involve?

Thanks again, you guys have been very helpful!

I highly recommend you go with the e6750 over the e6700. It has been tested and is being heralded as the next overclocking cpu of choice.

What is this system being used for? If you are a gamer than I would recommend bypassing the q6600 and getting the e6750 until the gaming industry begins to better utilized the quadcore technology. If you are a video encoder or CAD user than by all means go with the q6600 as the quadcore will be a significant improvement in performance over a dual core.

Thank you all very much for your help.

As it stands I will probably wait for the C2D price drop and buy a E6700 maybe even a Q6600. My biggest worry is will my standard SATA Hard drive be compatible with all the motherboards, because if I'm not mistaken they use SATAII or something now right?

Also what is the deal when you put a new HDD into your computer, do you have to have a degree in software design in order to set it up or is it very simple. What does it involve?

Thanks again, you guys have been very helpful!

chillax sata is still a baby in the PC world so u can reuse ur HD's.... also look at Bots recommendation....
I highly recommend you go with the e6750 over the e6700. It has been tested and is being heralded as the next overclocking cpu of choice.

What is this system being used for? If you are a gamer than I would recommend bypassing the q6600 and getting the e6750 until the gaming industry begins to better utilized the quadcore technology. If you are a video encoder or CAD user than by all means go with the q6600 as the quadcore will be a significant improvement in performance over a dual core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom