Core 2 Duo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
Im going to upgrade from my pentium d 2.66ghz to a Core 2 Duo 1.86ghz now would this Core 2 Duo be a decent gaming processor? Only reason i went with that one is of the price cause its right in my budget.

Well ya but thats not what i was really asking. I was asking if the 1.86ghz core 2 duo would be a good processor for gaming. Sorry if my first post was kinda vague.

I have one, and it beasts any game i play(not much) but it runs command and conquer extremely fast, and RTS games are pretty CPU intensive. No lag at all(besides network) on my end. Only problem is the people with bad pc's...

Ok you mentioned the e6400 2.13ghz i was wondering if the e6300 1.86ghz would be a good processor for gaming.

Omg haha is the C2D good for gaming. Dude it destroys AMD's FX series with a tiny bit of OC. It is the best line of gaming right now and it will run circles around any Pentium D out there on the market. Its pretty much the absolute best thing for the money today next to the E6600 with 4mb cache. But now thats out of your budget i bet and mine too. Trust me buy the E6300 and you wont be dissapointed one bit.

Also i know why you asked, about 3 months ago when i got into the whole computer specs and i saw a 1.83ghz CPU...i was skeptical on how would it would be better. But theres 2 reasons:

1 you get TWO 1.83ghz cores packed together to make 3.6ghz of Core 2 Duo Power.
Then you get the new C2D which has all new technology a new fabrication process and everything.

haha yea like i said a friend suggested it as an upgrade over my old 3.0 P4 a while back and i was like WTF???? it says only 1.83!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom