core 2 duo or phenom II x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Jetway has managed to pull off a world record oc or something along those lines I would go with a different brand.
Why would it require a world record overclock for you to like it?
Everything I've read about Jetway's AM2+ boards has been quite positive.

*edit*
Anyway, looking at the 780G board, I think it is basically the same as the 790GX board aside from the GPU.
With the X3 720 it would cost $227
Or with the X4 940 it would cost $298.99

[2nd edit]
the 790GX board has a combo with the X4 940, at $303.99
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
If you want the colours of the 790GX board, you might consider it worth $5 over the 780G + X4 940
[/edit]

Though looking at the combos, you can get a Phenom II 940 + Biostar 790GX board for $278.99
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I'm not questioning that they have improved but there are so many other good brands with positive reviews I don't see a reason to take a chance on Jetway.

The reason I mentioned a world record oc is that's exactly what Biostar did to change my opinion abut them. The I45 set the world record for the highest fsb and their x58 is one of the top overclocking lga1366 boards. While there are brands I would buy from that don't hold world record having once says a lot abut how good their boards have gotten.

I'm not questioning that they have improved but there are so many other good brands with positive reviews I don't see a reason to take a chance on Jetway.
I wouldn't call it "taking a chance" when looking at the feedback for these boards (not just newegg feedback).
Besides, it's so cheap at $79.99 and yet has what you'd need for a high-end system.

Like I said there are lots of boards with good reviews, for example why get the Jetway over the Gigabyte, Asus or Biostar?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-US2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

All of those boards are cheaper than the Jetway.

Besides just because it is cheap doesn't mean it can't be one of the best boards. I payed $70 for my IP35-E and at the time it was one of the best overclocking Intel boards.

the Gigabyte is the same price, the Asus is $1 cheaper, and the Biostar is $7 cheaper

I would definitely avoid the Biostar board you linked, because it's only got 3 chokes.
The Jetway board also has one more choke (6 vs 5) and more PCI-E slots than the gigabyte and Asus board.
Plus, from the reviews I've seen, people like it.

That's why I chose the Jetway to begin with; I think it's the best one in that price range.
Besides just because it is cheap doesn't mean it can't be one of the best boards.
Yeah, I know.
I think you get a lot for your money with the HA06.
If I thought another board was better for the money, I'd recommend it.

Ya, I have the Biostar, and unfortunately its not much of an Overclocker... should have spend teh extra $10 on the HP at the time D:

Let me ask what you think about this one though:

Newegg.com - ASRock A780GXE/128M AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards , I know its ASROCK, but I'm just wondering
looks pretty solid.
5 chokes, 2 x PCI-E 16X, 6 x SATA, should allow some good overclocking.

I just had a look at a closeup pic of the HA06, and it actually has a 7th choke I didn't see (right next to the 8-pin power socket). So I'd probably lean towards that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom