Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz vs Dual Core 3.4Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_gee

Beta member
Hey,

im considering upgrading my system, i have read many reviews on the web about which cpu to buy and it appears core 2 duo seems to be considered the best at this time. but through reading many of the reviews apparently the core 2 duo's arent great for running games and that single cores or the older dual cores are better. Although ive been on some graphic cards review sites that have run benchmarks and the systems with core 2 duo 2.13 (E6400) had better frames per second etc than a dual core 3.4Ghz, therefore this conflicts with other reviews. This has left me confused as to which is really better. I realise there is more to cpu's than just the speed but would a E6400 really be better than the dual core 3.4Ghz? plus i can get the dual core 3.4 for £100 but the E6400 for £140 does this price difference effect which is more worthwhile?

Thanks

Any Core 2 Duo is better than any Pentium D and any AMD.

The Ghz don't matter anymore, and haven't for quite some time.

That 1.83Ghz will be faster than the 3.4Ghz.

the e6400 wins hands down. Some people are able to OC the 6400 to 3.4GHz in which it then murders the enitre Intel Pentium class completely. But you might want to consider the e6300. It the exact same cpu except that its multiplier is one less. You wouldn't really notice much of a difference between the two.

And where did u hear that Core 2 chips weren't good for gaming? They are the best processors available for gaming. Wherever you're looking I wouldn't use them anymore.

cvb724 said:
the e6400 wins hands down. Some people are able to OC the 6400 to 3.4GHz in which it then murders the enitre Intel Pentium class completely. But you might want to consider the e6300. It the exact same cpu except that its multiplier is one less. You wouldn't really notice much of a difference between the two.

And where did u hear that Core 2 chips weren't good for gaming? They are the best processors available for gaming. Wherever you're looking I wouldn't use them anymore.

Agreed. Whoever said core 2 duos arent good for gaming and that older single cores are better has down syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom