Core 2 duo...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
just wondered, "if" i was to get a E6600 would that push my GPU abit more than my currant processor, or do you think my AMD rig would be pushing it as far as it would go?

Just something ive been thinking and wanted an answer one way or the other ;)

It will go a little faster but the amount of money it costs to upgrade is no where near justified.

You'll barely notice any difference if at all. The CPU can only aid the GPU. It can't push it further.

turtile said:
It will go a little faster but the amount of money it costs to upgrade is no where near justified.

The E6600 is going to be a noticeable upgrade over the X2 4200+. Actually it'll probably be pretty noticeable.

off topic but where does everyone get those sig things like in the sig above me? I see SOOOO many people with them

Lord AnthraX said:
GPU and CPU do not work together.

WTF?! Where'd you get this? Roflcopter.

Doesn't matter if your processor is Dual Core, the clockspeed is too slow to max out the 7950GT. A better option than buying a C2D would be to simply overclock it. Around 2.5Ghz should be enough.

If you were to buy a C2D, an E6400 or E6600 would be enough at stock speeds. Or you could just get an E6300 or E4300 and overclock it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom