Cooling idea, yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
This seems really funny, but after I experimented with filling tic tac containers with crushed ice and placing it between my hard drive, on top of my CPU, and near my graphics card, the temperatures dropped almost frightening amounts.

Now, assuming that you aren't careless enough to let the ice melt and zap your $2000 build, isn't this a good idea? I'm holding a tub of ice cream to my laptop, and the temperature dropped from 80c to 20c.

I have to run and replace the containers every half hour or so, when I take my momentary break, but it's a good temporary solution rather than spending $400 on water cooling.

So, what do you think of this suicidal method of cooling?

somebody tried this already and he ended up frying his ram
but **** if your dumb enough to put ice on your cpu go for it, just dont be like him and ***** and ask for help when you mess something up

What would be the point anyway, it would only last a short while. Unless your just going for benchmark results, in which case, just get watercooling...

haha, of course your temperatures are gonna drop. you're letting something at 0 degrees C transfer heat with something at around 40 degrees. since you're not continually producing ice in that tic tac container, your cpu is gonna win out in the thermal race. its almost like playing russian roulette. i would never put my pc through that... unless i had money coming out the dark orifices of my body.

theEnd basically has it right. drip drop.... bzzzt. whats that? a dead pc.

someone tried this on this forum....it leaked and he freaked out and said it himself it was stupid. Phase cooling is what you want....google it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom