Cooling a BFG 8800gts 640mb card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFireRS

Baseband Member
The rest of my computer specs are in my signature so you get an idea of what im running, Everything runs very cool, yes loud but it doesnt bother me.
The last piece to complete this build would be a video cooler, even with the amount of cooling i have this card runs pretty hot, 120-130oF on load and not much lower when un-loaded. I need to know some good heatsink/ fans that you guys have used, and that is compatible with the bfg 8800gts 640mb card. I might have to move somethings around, this card is a beast. So any good coolers you guys know of for this card would be appreciated..

ed russo

um... 120-130 load? what are you using to check the temperatures?

sounds like you've got a dead card on your hards... can you still RMA it?

do you wan't standard air cooling? passive cooling? water cooling? tec cooling?

commandercup,
Where did he say he has a dead card?

And HellFire,
120-130F is only about 40-50C, and that is excellent for load, on a high end 8 series. So you don't have anything to worry about cooling it further. Unless you plan on overclocking the heck out of it.

commandercup,
Where did he say he has a dead card?

And HellFire,
120-130F is only about 40-50C, and that is excellent for load, on a high end 8 series. So you don't have anything to worry about, cooling it further. Unless you plan on overclocking the heck out of it.

LOL! sorry I thought he was saying 120-130 Celsius... eh, disregard my post, listen to bigapl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom