Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Which of these would be best for a Q6600-

Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail

or

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

I've personally wanting the Zalman. I most likely won't be overclocking so it probably won't matter which is better.

Oh yea, how about these type of things:

Newegg.com - Dynatron DB1206SPG PCI Slot Case Cooler - Retail

They seem like they'd keep your video cards pretty cool :D

Going to be putting my computer together in a few more months and I'm looking at ways to keep parts from being over heated.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail

Get this... A few people on the forums highly recommend it. And it's same price as the Arctic Cooling.

Do me a favor and tell me if you like that fan you picked out. If you can hear it at all and stuff :). I might pick it up.

Seems like a decent heatsink. I'm not to sure what I'm going to get so I might as well keep my options open .

I'll let ya know about the fan, but like I said it'll probably be a few more months before I put my new computer together :(

Well I'm sure I won't need a top notch cpu cooler. I probably won't ever overclock. And from what I've heard the stock fan is good enough for it if you keep it at stock speeds. I just want a different cooler instead of the stock one, it seems to bulky.

LOL! you probably won't find an aftermarket cooler that is smaller then the stock intel one... check otu some of our wire management pics... you'll see aftermarket heatsinsk next to stock ones

lol... if your concerned about it being bulky then stop looking for an after market cooler. They are made to be bigger because they are intended for overclocking usually.

But i suggest you think about overclocking, it's considered a deadly sin to buy a q6600 and not overclock it, and that xigmatech will work just fine.

LOL! you probably won't find an aftermarket cooler that is smaller then the stock intel one... check otu some of our wire management pics... you'll see aftermarket heatsinsk next to stock ones

Well I didn't mean exactly that way. I was more aiming at the intel stock one being a bulky blob. But after market ones are bulky but more attractive then just that "blob"

I think I might take it up to 3.0 or something. I dunno..upgrading from a single core 3.0 a quad-core 2.4 just seems to much to handle already :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom