Cooler Master HAF932 or Antec 1200 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I'm pretty much set with choosing the parts for my new i7 920 build, but right now I'm undecided with regard to the case and I was hoping to grt some advice.

I will use my PC primarily as a DAW for music recording (as a home studio), so I was wondering if those fans on some cases might be too noisy?
I read some good reviews on both the Cooler Master HAF 932 and the Antec 1200, and both are said to be rather quiet.

Which one would be the better case for me to get? I do like the design of the HAF932 more, but that should not be the only deciding factor in the end.

Which case would be less noisy?

Both have big fans, so I suppose they are both not very noisy.

Or is there any other case you'd recommend?

Thanks,
Lars

Both, the lack of compatibility for replacing the top fan makes it bad for water cooling, it's not deep enough, wire management is difficult without heavy modding, and the side panel looks like shartz.

Both, the lack of compatibility for replacing the top fan makes it bad for water cooling, it's not deep enough, wire management is difficult without heavy modding, and the side panel looks like shartz.

OK, thanks !
Eventhough I'm not getting a water cooling system, I never know, it might be a future upgrade.

Is that HAF good in terms of being quiet?

OK, thanks !
Eventhough I'm not getting a water cooling system, I never know, it might be a future upgrade.

Is that HAF good in terms of being quiet?

I have had to personal experience with it, but from what I've read, it definitely isn't noisy.

I have had to personal experience with it, but from what I've read, it definitely isn't noisy.

Yes, that's what the reviews said, too!
Thanks !

At this point I should just go and get that build already, I been dragging on with the decisions on what parts to get forever .....

I do like the HAF design a lot more than the 1200, too!

nope, not noisy at all. So quiet. The only things that would make noise would be either ur heatsink & fan and/or ur GPU fan. Most complex wire management modding ive ever seen in any case. Plenty of room and customization as far as adding fans and water cooling. One of my wheels broke because of the cheap quality of them and because of the overall weight too but it all works good.

Both are very ugly but the HAF looks better, has a better layed out interior and it's cheaper.
fantastic pics of the HAF http://www.techist.com/forums/1589519-post20.html
Some other cases for you to look at:
Antec p182 - Designed to be quiet but very long cards may not play nice
ARK SR-8100BG - Consider this one carefully http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/looking-new-case-199535/

Thanks !
I actually think the HAF looks totally AWESOME !!!!

I will check out that Antec P182, thnaks for that idea, it looks like an interesting option !

nope, not noisy at all. So quiet. The only things that would make noise would be either ur heatsink & fan and/or ur GPU fan. Most complex wire management modding ive ever seen in any case. Plenty of room and customization as far as adding fans and water cooling. One of my wheels broke because of the cheap quality of them and because of the overall weight too but it all works good.

Thanks !
Do you use any additional fans or are the built-in fans enough for sufficient cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom