cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcan222

In Runtime
hey everyone, i am getting the x2 5000 black edition amd cpu and am looking for a good cooler for it. i am planing on getting a ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler, its 20 bucks on newegg, i was just curious as to what you all thought about this cooler. do you guys reccomend i get this one? most of the reviews say that alot of pressure is required to secure it to the mobo, anyways. just curious as to what you all thought.

The AC Freezers are one of the best bang for your buck coolers. And I would recommend the 64 Pro for AM2 processors. Another good one, that I would suggest instead, and probably a better choice, is the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. It's only $36.99, and from the reviews, it might be the one to beat, in terms of price/performance.

alright i will take a look at it, does anyone else have any oppinions? just figured i would ask before i place my order.

The AC Freezers are one of the best bang for your buck coolers. And I would recommend the 64 Pro for AM2 processors. Another good one, that I would suggest instead, and probably a better choice, is the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. It's only $36.99, and from the reviews, it might be the one to beat, in terms of price/performance.

Exactly. I have one on my Phenom and the other on my Q6700 rig. They are easier to install with your mobo in the case as the attached fan just pops off and you can have full access to the incredibly lame 775 lga board holes....how could intel have been so stupid with that lame setup anyway?

ok, and it will work ok with my mobo and the x2 5000+ black wont it? just wanted to make sure it was all compatible and how do you install it exactly? does it have something you just put it on with or do you have to really do some intence things to get it on?

It's compatible with all AMD sockets, I believe.

The installation is really simple. It's a push pin style, so you just place the heatsink on the CPU, align the pins over the motherboard mounting holes, and push the pins through, until it clicks.

It's compatible with all AMD sockets, I believe.

The installation is really simple. It's a push pin style, so you just place the heatsink on the CPU, align the pins over the motherboard mounting holes, and push the pins through, until it clicks.

Not that simple.....If your motherborad is in the case it can be a nightmare getting to the pins on the northbridge side. As mentioned above, Artic Coller Pro is built to you can just pop off the fan giving easier access. The AMD version is a lot easier to install IMO.

alright well my mobo is already in the case, so which one would you reccomend for me to get? i plan on installing it myself and dont want to not be able to get it on.

alright well my mobo is already in the case, so which one would you reccomend for me to get? i plan on installing it myself and dont want to not be able to get it on.

Arctic, you won't be disappointed. You are putting it on an AM2 yes? If so it's even easier thanthe Intel LGA775.

alright i will go with the artic cooling freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler, my one question is, will i have to do anything special to install it? or will it simply clip on?

does any one have any experience with it? how exactly do you isntall it anyways?

*edit*
you guys were talking about it being difficult to install with the mobo already in. is that going to be a prob? because i really cant take the mobo out of the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom