Cool looking Gigabyte water cooling case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

In Runtime
i just saw this on 3Dgameman.com. 3dGameMan.com - #878 - Gigabyte 3D Mercury Water Cooling Case

Now does anyone with experience with water cooling think this is a good setup for a beginer? i really like the look of the case, i like how the cables and tubes are easily hidden, but have no prior experience in water cooling. As well, since this stock cooling system only heats the CPU, what would it take to hook it up to the GPU? I'm planning on running a Q6600 with a 8800 Ultra, both OC'ed.

My other option i was looking as was going with a cool master stacker 830 case 3dGameMan.com - #623 - Cooler Master Stacker 830 Full Tower Case with a Thermaltake Bigwater 760i Water Cooling System 3dGameMan.com - #871 - Thermaltake Bigwater 760i Water Cooling System

If the choice was yours, what would rather have? remember i'm a newbie.

Saw the case at the Newegg Lanfest2k7 lan party about a week ago.

The build quality on it is nothing short of amazing.

Regarding how well it would cool both your cpu and gpu, that may come into question, but you can always just get a nice air cooler for the gpu.

That looks like a great case, I don't really like how there are so many ports and buttons and what not on the top thing. I think it takes away from the clean sleek look, but that is no reason not to buy it.

I have heard some bad things about the TT Bigwater series, I wouldn't do that. I love the CM Stacker 830 though.

personally i love all the buttons and USB ports on the top, and its also pretty idiot proof. Being my first water cooled system, having the ability to look at my case and know if the water is flowing properly and seeing what my resevoir is at is a must. As for water cooling the CPU and not GPU, theres really no point in me investing in a water cooling system if i cant get my GPU cooled too. Especially if they have it set up in such a way that all i need to do is add two more hose's to the config. But i cant tell just by looking at the case layout.

it won't have sufficient cooling for that type of loop unless you live in a very cold region??

make your own watercooling loop out of individual components I would suggest a 3x120mm radiator and a drive bay reservoir is easy to pick up

Agreed with saltynay, you won't be able to keep good temps if you put an Ultra and a q6600 on that loops. GFX cards run WAY hotter that CPUs do. Keep that in mind. My GTX sits idle at 58C but jumps to 70s when in load while my QX6700 idles at 29C (custom watercooled) and never goes above ~45C in extreme conditions. Those temps are WAY different and your Ultra will be putting alot of heat into that loop that is more than likely not equipped to handle those two together, therefore not sufficiently cooling your CPU.

oh, i didnt mean have it in the same loop. You know how in the review they talk about those extra hose fittings? i was wondering if you could add another loop using that, or if you would need a 2nd RAD, because if that was the case i would go with a cool master stacker 830 with a really nice water cooled system for cheaper then the Gigabyte case.

I got the impression that those extra fittings were to add waterblocks to that loop. If you want to put them on separate loops, go with the cm stacker I guess. I don't know anybody with a dual radiator setup. It sounds a bit messy and complicated but I'm sure if you have a brain, which you seem to, you could figure it out with some careful planning and time. Also, I don't recommend buying a pre-configured watercooling system, go on petra's tech shop and pick out your own parts. You will usually fair alot better with your own parts if you pick them wisely. Keep in mind though that this is going to be an expensive project. I don't know what your budget is.

Well at this point i think i am just gonna stick with the CM with airflow. The only reason i was thinking about a water cooling system was because of the simplicity the gigabyte case offered. But in reality, being my first custom built computer, it will just be easier for me to stick with the CM stacker. I can always add a water cooling system in the future if i want to overclock the **** out of my system. I was mostly just curious to see what you guys thought of this case.

Ya thats probably a good idea, it will cool all your stuff fine. That case is pretty cool though. Good luck with your first build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom