Cool looking Gigabyte water cooling case

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually mcgook, the gigabyte built water cooling loops are some of the best you can buy without custom building one from dd or pts.

Theres nothing crappy about them. Now if you want to talk about anything made by thermaltake then i wholeheartedly agree.

Just because it isnt a custom loop doesnt mean its crap, know your **** before you post.

oh, i didnt mean have it in the same loop. You know how in the review they talk about those extra hose fittings? i was wondering if you could add another loop using that, or if you would need a 2nd RAD, because if that was the case i would go with a cool master stacker 830 with a really nice water cooled system for cheaper then the Gigabyte case.

i think you misunderstand what a loop is

its not literally one loop...

its all the components hooked up to the same water cooling system...

meaning if you have 1 radiator, reservoirs and pump which connect to both the cpu and gfx, thats 1 loop

if you have two radiators, two reservoirs and two pumps which each connect to a separate component, you have two loops

actually mcgook, the gigabyte built water cooling loops are some of the best you can buy without custom building one from dd or pts.

Theres nothing crappy about them. Now if you want to talk about anything made by thermaltake then i wholeheartedly agree.

Just because it isnt a custom loop doesnt mean its crap, know your **** before you post.

and anything less than a pa120.3 on a q6600 and ultra on the same loop is going to be no more efficient than air cooling.

those 2 produce so much heat you need a big radiator to compensate and effectively cool the liquid.

Hence why I highly recommended not to water cool a 8800 ultra. Theres no point to it, as it will just add heat to a loop. Its also why the gigabyte case only comes with a cpu block...

Agreed with saltynay, you won't be able to keep good temps if you put an Ultra and a q6600 on that loops. GFX cards run WAY hotter that CPUs do. Keep that in mind. My GTX sits idle at 58C but jumps to 70s when in load while my QX6700 idles at 29C (custom watercooled) and never goes above ~45C in extreme conditions. Those temps are WAY different and your Ultra will be putting alot of heat into that loop that is more than likely not equipped to handle those two together, therefore not sufficiently cooling your CPU.

Lol guys I just told him the same thing.

i wouldnt spend $400 on that case. you can get a better case for the money, and still have money left over for a better WC kit.

for me, i dont like a case you cant mount a pa120.3 inside of, and still have good airflow

thats why i like the Silverstone TJ07, Lian Li G70B, or a MM U2-UFO.

those are the only case's i'd pick if i were watercooling.

If you want to carry a ufo case with you to every lan party you go to, be my guest. Ill stick with my Gigabyte Aurora.

Besides the performance difference between a pa160.3 and a mcr320 isn't worth the 4 fold increase in price.

the noise level of having to use high speed fans is.

you could do 2 MCR320's on the same loop and have better cooling for less money..but then again, you have to use high speed fans to get the most effective cooling from those radiators.

i'm not a fan of noise (no pun intended). i'd rather have some low speeds and have just as good cooling.

oh, and not everyone goes to lan parties ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom