Controlling GPU fan speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Runner

Baseband Member
I've been looking for a way to control the speed of the fan of my 7600 GT because it seems to start spinning rapidly when I open up a media player or something and takes like 5 minutes to slow down again. This gets annoying after a while. I tried using SpeedFan but when browsing it, it only shows the speed of my CPU fan, my chassis fan and my PSU fan. The GPU fan speed isn't listed. Anyone have any suggestions?

you should be careful when you do stuff like that. you dont want to kill you 7600gt gpu...............that would not be good.

Well I don't know why it would need to speed up if all I'm doing is watching a video. I don't think it can overheat from just that since my old card didn't even have a fan and didn't fry or anything. And yeah I know the difference between the sound of my HD and the fan. I had never heard my computer be that loud before I installed the 7600GT. My PC is really a HTPC so everything else in it is very quiet.

watching a video requires more power out of your video card then just displaying say your desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom