Constructing a BEAST !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yha thats what you got.

Cpu cooler or heatsink are the same.

I think Intel calls it a heatsink, so thats how i usually call it.

On that one, sorry, i can't help yha, not sure how they do on the new chips... and ain't really good on them overall.

If you want an aftermarket heatsink that is better than stock and it's main purpose is to provide an extra level of protection, then the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 is a good choice. But if your wanting to overclock then I would recommend going with a better heatsink.

Shopping at Amazon UK is pretty limited but they do have the heatsink I'm using which is good for an overclock of 4.8GHz to 5GHz, maybe higher if your lucky, but it is rather expensive.

Noctua NH-D14 - Processor cooler - ( Socket 775, Socket 1156, Socket AM2, Socket AM2+, Socket 1366, Socket AM3 ) - aluminium with copper base: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Once again Amazon UK is limited but this would be my next choice. It's cheaper and I would expect it to be good for the 4.6GHz to 4.8GHz range, maybe higher if your really lucky.

Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Looking at Overclockers UK, I've heard some pretty good things about this new Zalman Heatsink.

Zalman CNPS10X Extreme CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940/AM2/775/1155/1156/1366) [CNPS10X]

This Corsair A70 is a decent heatsink.

Corsair A70 High-Performance Dual Fan CPU Cooler (Socket AM2/AM3/LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366) [CAFA70]

Thanks alot Slay. You too patonb !!

I'll defo consider getting either the Zalman or the Corsair :smile:

Well I just presumed the CPU was the best value for money, perhaps I was really wrong. ...
Here is a $/Perf Chart (it is not new but gives you an idea), the new SB is great for performance; the Llano was just shipped (to OEMs):
:
overall.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom