• ATI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geforce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am almost 100% that the 360 will have 2 6800gts in them? correct me if i am wrong. and also that they will be more powerfull than the 7800gtx.

again, dont quote me on that.

but as its been said, the consoles will be for a few months, then they will be behind for teh next few years.

yes PC's are more expensive, but we all made that choice when we started getting into PC gaming, didnt we? we have a better range of games (IMO), we have far superior power at our hands, and we can constantly upgrade.

BColes said:
Flanker keeps going on and on about the power of the consoles coming out but that doesn't mean squat when they won't be able to put out title that utilize all that power. I've read that the first 360 games coming out are all single threaded and "disappointing" and the PS3 games could be even worse even with the extra time for development. Looks like it will take some time for these consoles to live up to the hype.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27249

BColes said:
Flanker keeps going on and on about the power of the consoles coming out but that doesn't mean squat when they won't be able to put out title that utilize all that power. I've read that the first 360 games coming out are all single threaded and "disappointing" and the PS3 games could be even worse even with the extra time for development. Looks like it will take some time for these consoles to live up to the hype.

I already said that dude...yea, Its a well-known issue that it will take a long time to program games for the consoles, and that developers are scared of it. But they are in no way "disappointing." Have you even taken a look at the new games coming out? :rolleyes:

I don't know who the heck did that review that was linked, but EVERYONE thats anyone has been saying that, in the graphics department, the PS3 is UNMATCHED.

Alex81388 said:
If these new consoles are sopossed to be so much better, how do they afford to sell the equiptment < $500, when the computer that you say it 'puts to shame' costs three times as much....

Also, have fun updating a **** console, you can slop in a new video card just about whenever you want in todays systems. Look at the different getting a 7800GTX does to your old Radeon 9000... you'll be stuck with the same hardware in the 360 for years.

Actually, you won't be able to build a PC that would equal that PC unless it had a Opteron 800-series processor...and I'm happy to say that would cost quite a bit more than $1500...

They can't really. You can't think straight money with this business. Microsoft actually lost money all through the life of thr Xbox. Its a confusing business, but you can't beat facts, ok? Its a crazy-powerful media processor thats in something you can buy for ~$300-$400.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
here's how I look at it. By the time the consoles begin to utilize all this hardware, the computer market will probably be on par with it. I mean, computer games coming out are going to be the same as the new consoles. They're just flat-out not that good. The PC market is just so much more appealing to me...

Oh yea? You tell me how long its going to take for a Opteron-800 processor to become avaliable in $400 systems. And most of you people that're bashing the consoles haven't even seen what they're capable off and are just mouthing off. I'm in no way defending the old consoles because there were decripit, but how do you know that these new games are "flat-out not good?"

If the PC market appeals to you more, fine, it appeals more to me also, theres a f*cking reason I built a $1300 PC. But if you're looking for performance, its the consoles.

If you are looking at this generation, then PCs will kill any console out right now. However, if you look from a next-gen perspective, it will take at least one year for PCs to catch up with consoles assuming that you are still on a non-SLI or non-Crossfire setup. If you have an SLI or Crossfire setup with dual gpus, then you probably have more power than any console can provide, even next-gen ones.

I just gave up on console gaming. I'm just looking at a PS3 and PSP, but I bet the Xbox 360 will be better. No doubt, get the PC first and then get a console. The PC is more future proof and provides more features. Secondly, you get nearly 2-3+ times resolution on a PC than on a console.

EDIT: An Xbox 360 nor a PS3 will have more than one GPU. They will each contain one GPU that is designed to last longer due to so many features. You have to realise that the PC gpus are more flexible where as the console ones aren't, so they need to have a GPU that will last long because if you had to update gfx all the time, then a console would be worse than a PC.

By the way, in the end PC gaming is cheaper anyway.

Yea, PC tech will eventually catch up, but how long will it take that technology to lower in price enough to match $400? Or even less, because by the time the technology is here, the price will be even lower.

By the way, in the end PC gaming is cheaper anyway.

How is it cheaper to build a PC than to buy a $300 console?

I'm talking about in the long-run. I'm looking at it from a feature point of view. You can do so much with a PC and you can just game with a console. Think about it, in two or three years you will still be able to upgrade your gfx and there will be talk of new consoles. In a year or so, PCs will catch up: they are already ahead, but if you can afford a Crossfire or SLI dual gpu setup they are ahead.

I don't think you realize how much power 2 teraflops is...to compare...my PC @ 2.5GHz does 5.1 gigaflops; PC tech doesn't advance that fast. A years time? 6 months ago, the 3200+ Venice came out. Since then, to now, a handful of processors and video cards have come out, but nothing that improved performance 400 times. Lets look even farther back to the PS2 time. Back then, the Pentium 3s were the norm. Is the performance difference between the Pentium 3 and today's processor 400x better? I think now you're starting to get it, hopefully.

And thats all for $300. Upgrading a PC, over time, with the newest stuff, would cost thousands of dollars.

Also, if you'd been reading, you'd know that the new consoles do more than just game, especially the X360.

You do realize that today's graphics cards are really bottlenecked by the cpus. The fastest sinlge core, the FX-57, bottlenecks the 7800GTX and will bottleneck the X1800XT. Once we get multi-threaded games, one of which I believe is already on the market, and actually use the power of dual core, there will be a huge increase in PC gaming performance. So, really give the PC 1 year and it will catch up. The reason I don't want any consoles is because I like the games that are on PC. However, that will not stop me from getting a PS3 and PSP even though I will still play on my PC most of the time.

When you think about the prices it kinda makes sense, think about how many ppl have top of the line PC hardware, not many, i mean everyones got good shit, but there isnt that many of us with a fx-57 an dual 7800gtx's is there.

its the demand that the companies are looking at, the good pc stuff is so overpriced coz they dont sell as much, but with the consoles, think about how many of these things are gonna get sold, the sales in the first weeks release of these consoles would probly match the amount of ppl who have the best pc gear. ATI an Nvidia see a good market, hence the trouble of designing the custom graphics cards at such a low price, because they are gonna sell so many over them.

But then again, u gotta think about it if these companies are designing the cards, we are gonna be able to get them eventually... just alot dearer, same deal with the processors,

but generally id say cost is the only thing that seperates the 2, a console has nothing on a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom