Considering CPU Upgrade Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought those x3's actually performed substantially better than the x2's and at one stage were not far from some if the intels at stock speeds. (excluding wolfdales)

Like you would expect the X3's perform significantly better then the X2's. The only reason I wouldn't get one is just because the Quads are so cheap as of right now. But like the X3 that Vern is looking at. They can be bought fairly cheap and have some overclocking potential.

They will multi task much better then the X2 6400+ any day of the week.

X-bit labs - Three Cores vs. Two: AMD Phenom X3 8750 Review

*Edit*
Vern if I were you I'd just wait until the Quads fall in price (as cheap as they already are). Or just keeping overclocking your X2 4600+ up to 2.8ghz even if that is the limit. Because it doesn't seem the X3's are worth wasting your time over. Especially when they don't offer much performance improvement and will most likely die out.

Probably it, it can't handle 125TDP CPU's anyways.. no matter I'll stick with how it is now

EDIT: can you show me a screenshot of your thing before?

Dang it..

I guess I got to work with it a bit..

My brother actually has a 90nm X2 4600+. Yeah I think it was the CPU I got for my first build on here and it hits 2.6ghz no problem (which isn't much). The only problem is that his power supply is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom