Considering CPU Upgrade Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Ok, so which Phenom's are actually worth considering throwing in my rig, budget is like $150.. but I was thinking something around the Phenom X3's?

My budget probably has no room for a Phenom 9850/9950 / Deneb anyways.. so waiting is out of the question

Also... don't give me suggestions like: buy an Intel.. because then I'd have to buy a new board and CPU Cooler.. which wouldn't be much of an upgrade from what I have anyways, so that would be money just thrown away

Right now I'm considering Phenom X3 series CPU's

EDIT: even if I had budget room for 9850/9950, those TDP's aren't supported by my board

Oooh the master comes searching for help eh? :p

Which Phenom X3 were you looking at specifically? Or maybe more leaning towards.

I'm assuming your a younger kid, and so I then also assume most of what you use your computer for is gaming and the likes. With that being said your processor seems fine, I would just OC to maybe 2.8, which I believe you could just do by upping the FSB. That would be plenty fast, then you could use the saved money on a new video card, which it appears you desperately need!

I'm assuming your a younger kid, and so I then also assume most of what you use your computer for is gaming and the likes. With that being said your processor seems fine, I would just OC to maybe 2.8, which I believe you could just do by upping the FSB. That would be plenty fast, then you could use the saved money on a new video card, which it appears you desperately need!

I've tried but its a 90nm, B2 that doesn't have much headroom D:

But I do multitask, do some Programming, a bit of Multimedia and Web Design

(I'm getting me an HD 2900 Pro soon courtesy of Tech-Forums)

Oooh the master comes searching for help eh? :p

Which Phenom X3 were you looking at specifically? Or maybe more leaning towards.

The 8650 Tolisman's

He's 16 Thresh. To me the 8650 seems like the best bang for buck but I wanted to see what your reasonings were for whichever one you were looking at.

EDIT: Well you beat me to it. And it looks like we were thinking of the same one :).

ha, even with that being said I'd still get a better graphics card, hd 2900 pro is quite some age old technology. still better than nothin though!

Then we are agreed then... I'll start saving for that..

EDIT: there's a 8450 too, but 8650 is way faster

Yeah to me the extra 200MHz is worth the additional $10-$15. Should get some good OCing on it too with the AF Pro you have.

well you definatley want to go with a black edition one, so yeah id say the 8650 is the best choice as well. The oem version of newegg, since u got af7 already, itll be great for overclocking.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 8650 Toliman 2.3GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Triple-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

on newegg, it doesnt have the black eidtion 8450, unless its just no in the name descroption for some reason, either way id still got with the 8650, seems like a god budget overclocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom