Conservative Dream Machine, 1st build

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
I'm lookin to start buying these parts, let me know if anyone sees any hardware conflicts (im not sure about the mobo/ram combo), this is primary for high end gaming:

ASUS A8N5X Mobo

AMD X2 3800+ Processor

GSkill 2GB (2x1GB) 184-Pin DDR500 (PC4000)

Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10,000RPM

eVGA Geforce 7900 GT KO

Thermaltake 500W Power Supply

ASUS DVD+/-R

The Beamer Case

Windows XP

Total: ~$1550 with shipping, AS-5, and Wrist strap.

Thanks!

p.s. Save any comments about Conroe and G80, im going to build another one in like 6 months, this one is just going to last me till all the bugs are worked out in those.... I'm rich, biaotch!

p.s.s. Save any comments about the Opty's, i've looked at them, if i start oc'ing im going to water cool, which should make the x2 comprable to the oc'ed opty if not better.

i kinda like the digital temperature read out on the BMW case, i didnt see that option on any of the thermaltake.... of course temperature is less of an issue with thermaltake cases so.... hrrmmm

I suggest lite-on for the optical drive, and people can substain 2.9 ghz optys 2.7 on aircooling(sorry had to mention that =P). Take a look at buying from zipzoomfly.com no shipping costs and most components are cheaper too than newegg.

Looks good to me. Judging by that RAM you are going to be overclocking. If you aren't going to be overclocking, then you might as well go with ValueRAM, as the DDR500 isn't gonna give a noticable performance increase, as it defaults to DDR400 anyways.

In that case, stick with what you have. baron recommended an NEC burner, and I like LG burners, but that's really a matter of personal preference:D

if ur going to OC why not get an Opteron 165? it ocs way better. and your going to OC, so get the MSI K8N Neo4-f, one of the best boards for overclocking. as for optical drive get a NEC 3550A, its almost a given for everyone lol. the thing that has me thinking is the TT PSU, not sure about their reliability.

jesus, its like a broken record... MAYBE I DONT WANT AN OPTY! i swear, i think most of the ppl in here get a commission for every opty sold.

*sorry about the flame, i really dont think im going to get an opty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom