Conroe Shortage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excelsius said:
Yes, I read that. But it doesn't mention the dual cores. Other sources say that the price won't drop until Conroe is released and that dual core AM2s will not go down in price that much. I don't think any of us is going to buy single core.

Single core 939 and AM2 will be reduced, I believe Dual Cores and FX will have a very hefty rebate attached to them sometime in the near future. Don't hold me to that though, going by what the article above said and what I've heard from a few other people.

Yes, but offering a rebate is the way they drop the price. The retailers charge full price, but AMD refunds some of it.

They're a PITA but worth it sometimes for better prices.

We don't get rebates in the UK, but the whole of the stock goes down in price. (they might get their rebate from their supplier though.)

****, all these panties in a bunch over some rumors. Intel has denied that there will be any delay in the release of Core2's. The whole "intel is only releasing 5 of them on the 23rd" is also not true.

No one is talking about a delay in Conroe's release. It will be released on the 23rd just fine. The problem discussed here is that all the chips released are going to go to large computer companies. Intel might release 1 CPU or 100 thousand CPUs, but that doesn't mean that you are going to be able to get it.

cedjunior said:
The whole "intel is only releasing 5 of them on the 23rd" is also not true.

Originally posted by Excelsius
No one is talking about a delay in Conroe's release. It will be released on the 23rd just fine. The problem discussed here is that all the chips released are going to go to large computer companies. Intel might release 1 CPU or 100 thousand CPUs, but that doesn't mean that you are going to be able to get it.

He is talking about the shortage and I asked him to show a link that proved what he was saying.

25% of Intel's shipments is actually quite a lot. I think there won't be too much of an issue of there being a limited suply or not. I don't think OEM's are going to get ALL that many Conroes because I am going to assume they will put them mainly in their high-performance models. The high performance models do not move as much as the main-stream or low-end. So the main-stream and low-end will be Pentium or Core Duo (1, not 2) based.

However, this is all my guess. If I'm wrong, oh well.

Errgg... any possibly solid dates when they'll attach a rebate to the dual cores? I see they already nailed the prices for the single cores... so the dual core rebate can't be far off right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom