Conroe Mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.
what they lack is normal sort of features. intel lost my support with the BIOS access jumper
I agree. Every motherboard I have seen from Intel is an extremely limited piece of trash. I'm not going to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

two of us have already answered that. they are limited in just about every conceivable way, no overclocking features. basically they are the facade of a motherboard

Sorry i put Intel, i meant Intel boards but im guesing you guys knew what i meant.
1) Design. The design of each board from Intel i have had from the older Pentium days on up to the recent LGA775 board i have has been to say the least flawed. I can understand Intel against AMD but both companies should have the same way their DDR slots go. I tried putting DDR in the same way i do my AMD board and they where upside down. Turend it on and im suprised i didnt get sparks or somthing. Also, the board i was working w/ has a PCI-E slot but the chipset heatsink is in such a bad place that it almost touches the board. If i would have had some sort of good card in it the thing would have been toasted from the chipset.
2) Features. The features on these particular boards are crap. This one is fairly new and didnt even have the option to turn the HT on!! I had a good P4 w/ HT and i couldnt turn it on from the bios!! And it didnt default to on either. Also, i have never worked w/ one that had any sort of OCing. Ever.
3) Price. A crap board from Intel w/ the same chipset on another brand board is more exspensive. I would rather pay for a Biostar board or something.
These are just my experiences w/ my particular Intel boards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom