Conroe Mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser28

Baseband Member
for those guys who are buying the conroe cpu which motherboard are you going to buy ?

i am thinking of this
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Intel.html

the first one..

so what do you guys think ? or it is too early to decide ?

I like to choose the same brands together i mean .. Intel cpu with intel mobo. I think since those guys developed the processor they know exactly what is better for the cpu its just my opinion though.

The top one looks like a good price and it supports up to 8gb of ram although that's pointless right now, imagine how good it will be for vista.

nitestick said:
well in my opinion Intel boards are crap. i wouldn't buy a motherboard for conroe for a month or so after its release as knowing Intel that will be about when they release a cheaper chipset that supports it.

Not crap.....the most stable boards anywhere. What they lack is excellent overclocking and gaming potential but the new Intel boards that support Conroe will have memory, PCI-e and core clock OCing. I, personally, will wait for Asus or Abit etc. to produce Conroe boards before I buy.:p

I agree. Every motherboard I have seen from Intel is an extremely limited piece of trash. I'm not going to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

On the overclockers site there are many mobos for the conroe, Abit, Asus, DFI, MSI all are coming soon or they are available to pre order but the prices are very very high. They all go round 117 ~ 170 british pounds.

The DFI infinity has crossfire support and is 152 british pounds.

So you guys are saying that intel mobos are crap? But why are they crap ? can someone who is saying intel mobos are crap give me a reason ? have yu used an intel mobo and had bad experience ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom