Conroe E6600 shipped, supposedly... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Conroe E6600 shipped, supposedly...

OK, anyone keeping up (being bored enough), me and my new pc building adventures...I received everything but my cpu, well no longer. (item ship notice on a Sunday via UPS...I don't know)

Let me say, I like to keep things a little bit secret until all things arrive before revealing random details.

Well let me share may not be so good. I bought my Conroe as a combo, and well, how does a combo not have all it's parts? That's like buying pepperoni pizza and having them send you the pepporoni later! Anyways, after concerns, I just got curious and started sniffing about on the net for info.

Now to me when certain companies adopt certain "strategies" it can mean bad things. One of those things is when a company adopts aliases. Besides the PC manufacturing arm of Tigerdirect...they have at least 2 names. And I think they have 3 or 4. I'd say they have 2 consumer brands and at least one industry brand (sells just to larger corporate accounts). Could be an innocent tactic, or not. I don't know. I'll leave that up to you guys.

So...I'm happy and excited, and a little concerned and sad. Since there may be a chance I won't get the item I ordered, but I hope I do.

Fingers crossed...good luck to all who may be in the same boat as me (although not neccessarily with the same source)

Backorders, what a tease

Old 08-13-2006, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Future ex-member
Send a message via MSN to lancec2c30

what are you talking about, is your processer non exestient or something??

XP Pro | Vista Home Premium | Linux Ubuntu 7.10
s939 X2 3800 Toledo @ 2.6ghz | evga 7900gs | 320gig + 80gig wd | 1gb Ram | Abit KN8 SLI
3.1ghz achieved. :cool:
70K F@H member..............still waiting for the "iRACK"

Norcent will not be forgotten.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

if you planned on building a the order for all the parts....everything comes but the cpu WAS backordered...then yes it was non existant. So they say it went to UPS today, I'll see this week

it's all antsy...doesn't help that buying the mobo and cpu as a combo...then reading on here so many asking when conroe mobos come out, when I bought my mobo I thought there were about 4-7 mobos for
Closed Thread