Conroe E6600 shipped, supposedly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
:rolleyes:

OK, anyone keeping up (being bored enough), me and my new pc building adventures...I received everything but my cpu, well no longer. (item ship notice on a Sunday via UPS...I don't know)

Let me say, I like to keep things a little bit secret until all things arrive before revealing random details.

Well let me share this...Tigerdirect.com...they may not be so good. I bought my Conroe as a combo, and well, how does a combo not have all it's parts? That's like buying pepperoni pizza and having them send you the pepporoni later! :D Anyways, after concerns, I just got curious and started sniffing about on the net for info.

Now to me when certain companies adopt certain "strategies" it can mean bad things. One of those things is when a company adopts aliases. Besides the PC manufacturing arm of Tigerdirect...they have at least 2 names. And I think they have 3 or 4. I'd say they have 2 consumer brands and at least one industry brand (sells just to larger corporate accounts). Could be an innocent tactic, or not. I don't know. I'll leave that up to you guys.

So...I'm happy and excited, and a little concerned and sad. Since there may be a chance I won't get the item I ordered, but I hope I do.

Fingers crossed...good luck to all who may be in the same boat as me (although not neccessarily with the same source)

Backorders, what a tease :p

if you planned on building a computer...place the order for all the parts....everything comes but the cpu WAS backordered...then yes it was non existant. So they say it went to UPS today, I'll see this week ;)

it's all antsy...doesn't help that buying the mobo and cpu as a combo...then reading on here so many asking when conroe mobos come out, when I bought my mobo I thought there were about 4-7 mobos for them....eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom