Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was open on both Intel and AMD and how they are fighting. I think that there will be a huge "battle" between them that will lower prices fast (yeah!) and a race to get the best CPU out there at a good price. I wonder what AMD is going to do next?

SHAWN said:
This chip did not even come out yet and AMDs chips are in the preliminary stages. Who is to judge what happens? Wait 6 months when Intel releases conroe and AMD releases AM2 then lets discuss this.

AM2 is so tiny, it isn't even worth mentioning as a performance increase. Performance actually DECREASED with DDR2-667 memory, so DDR2-800 might only offer a unnoticeable performance increase. Nothing to match the 20%-40% PER CLOCK that Conroe is putting out already.

No, it won't be AM2 that fights back the Conroe. AMD has something up it's sleeve, but its not going to come out until Mid-2007. Speaking of which...I still need to read that article...*runs away*

quite impressive indeed. Nice to see Intel actually come up with something to get AMD on their toes.

All these comments "OMG WHAT WILL AMD DO!?"

Come on people.......those same things were said when 939 was first coming out and with these opties coming out and such "OH MAN WHAT WILL INTEL DO!"

Give it until the end of 2006 or beginning of 2007 and no doubt we'll be hearing "OMG WHAT WILL INTEL DO!?" because AMD just put out something crazy. That's how it works, it goes back and forth like that and benefits us all :D

This is good timing for me though. I won't be upgrading for atleast 2 years time, by which time, hopefully AMD will be back on top and kicking strong.

It is really impressive to see Intels chips do good at such 'slow' CPU speeds and especially in gaming for once.

Baaaaaaaaaaasically they took a lesson from AMD and improved on it :p

Just imagine if these two giants worked together on a project.......I could only imagine what kind of CPU might emerge from that.

LOL, I started typing all this sh!t on how AMD will counter Conroe. All I really want to say right now is 'woot!' :D

BTW, Conroe is expected Q3 2006, current guess' are July time frame.

I will say shortly that in H1 2007 AMD is going to move to a 65nm process which with that core change should improve IPC and I would guess would get back on par with Conroe. But will is scale as high? IDK.

For both sides, I think this is a great thing. We should see a real battle between the two for the next couple of years based on current road maps. Should be fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom