Connect Comp to Big Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
So I have a question about using your tv as a display and what I need. I have the comp in my sig. I also have a 65 mitsubishi big screen with a dvi input. When I plugged the comp into the dvi input, the screen displayed, but It would not fit. I mean no matter what I did, the comp was putting out a picture too big for the screen. I couldn't see the start button, icons were off the screen. The tv itself only offered to formats of which I tried both and neither worked. I diabled SLI and that did nothing.

Do I need some kind of comp-to-tv connector or something? How can I get this to format properly for the screen? It works fine on my 32" toshiba through the svideo but looks like ****. I would love to play my games through this massive tv so I would love any help you guys can give.

What if you set the TV as the second monitor? Then you can maybe manually resize the games to fit? Maybe not, but it's worth a try?

I hope your TV is a plasma, or else it looks crap if it's a rear projection. I have a 54" Samsung, and I played some videos off my computer onto it. It has a VGA slot, and I used that, and I didn't have to change the settings at all. Try using a VGA cable if your TV allows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom