Confused about getting Media Center...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Hawk

Baseband Member
I want to get Media Center for my build (Which I haven't bought anything yet, I'm saving up my money...)

Anyways, I am 100% confused about how to go about getting it from Newegg. Can somebody translate the Disclaimer into readable English?

Disclaimer: Qualifying proof of purchase must be recent receipts showing the purchase of a mother board, hard drive, RAM and a CPU. The components can be on multiple receipts; not necessarily all on one receipt nor on the same receipt as the qualifying Windows XP/Office 2003 that you purchased.

And I was wondering what the min requirements were for my pc to have Media Center. The requirements it gives aren't very specific at all.

System Requirements: Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is available only on Media Center PCs. A Media Center PC is a complete, Windows XP-based computer that is enhanced for home entertainment, a digital media hub that brings together your entertainment choices and allows you to access them with one remote control.

A Media Center PC is a complete entertainment PC because it includes:
- a mid- to high-end processor
- adequate memory for most computing and entertainment needs
- a high-capacity hard disk
- a CD-ROM/DVD drive
- advanced graphics and audio capabilities
- networking connectivity

Link to XP MC on Newegg: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 w/SP2B - OEM

Thanks for any help.

Quote 1: *You can only buy it if you buy some other thing from Newegg*

Quote 2: *WinXP MCE will run on all modern day builds. This is just here to confuse people*

Ok, they are definitly good at confusing people. I was planning to buy everything (or almost everything) from Newegg, so I guess I'm fine.

Thanks Peter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom