"Concept" PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Imagine a pc that was so well cooled, you could OC 100% on almost every component...Impossible you say? Far from it. Here's an idea that would be insane. Now you all remeber the "vegetable oil" pc correct? And you also remeber the liquid nitrogen pc. Now imagine this...

You have a clear, water tight case built very professionally. Now throughout the case are metal tubes that circulate equally in leftover space. The case is then filled with clear oil. NOW get this, inside those tubes runs liquid nitrogen at -150C. The vegetable oil because an icy sludge that ozes inside the case keeping your entire pc at absurdly cool temperatures.

The resultant situation would allow for insane overclocking of the CPU, RAM, and GPU correct? Why hasn't anyone combined these two methods of cooling? :cool:

The vegetable oil would freeze at those insanely low temps, expanding, and probably breaking parts. Some of the capacitors on the mobo/cards can easily be broken off with a little too much pressure. Any that got into the slots would also freeze, forcing the components out/apart, causing a bad connection between the part and the motherboard.

i mean inside the tubes....not to replace the oil. but ya alchohol sounds about right. lol.

I think I'd rather use some Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. That might be way awesomer. Have an oil cooler radiator. That would be neat...

Ryan

5u1c1d47m0nck3y said:
I thought water was the only liquid that expanded when froze.

Exactly what I was thinking, only water expands when frozen. Anyways, the oil would still freeze and the whole thing would be pointless.

But what you're suggesting has already been done, in a way. People already use Dry Ice and Liquid Nitrogen and put them in tubes to cool CPUs and GPUs. You drop a piece of dry ice in a liquid (Methanol is one substance that can withstand the cold without freezing) and the liquid then cools the pipe, which cools the heatsink, which cools the CPU. -75*C plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom