Computer suggestions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodyA20

Solid State Member
Okay, well, I'm getting a new computer for a new game coming out, Darkfall Online, because my current one cannot run it.

I customized a computer on IBUYPOWER, and I think it is quite good, especially for the money.

The initial system requirements for Darkfall are as follows:
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista
Processor: 2.5GHz Pentium 4, or equivalent
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP, 2GB for Windows Vista
Graphics Card: 128MB PixelShader 2.0 support
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB Free Space Minimum

The computer specs that I've customized are as follows:
  • Power Supply ( Standard Case Power Supply )
  • Processor ( AMD Athlonâ„¢ X2 5000+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology )
  • Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )
  • Motherboard ( Asus M3A78-CM AMD 780V/SB700 Chipset w/Integrated ATI video, 8-channels, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Single PCI-E MB )
  • Memory ( 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
  • Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
  • Video Card Brand ( === High Performance === eVGA Brand Video Card Powered by NVIDIA )
  • Operation System ( Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic + [Free 60-Day !!!] Microsoft Office 2007(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access ....) 64-Bit )

I am sure it will run it, however I am only really going to be playing for PvP, and want something that will not struggle at all to run it on at least med. settings.. opinions?

That game doesn't seem the least bit demanding. That will run it fine. We will suggest however, that you save yourself the money and build it on your own.

That machine isn't expensive at all, it was customized from IBUYPOWER.com

After all of that, it comes up to about $550, plus I would probably break something trying to make one myself, haha.

I've heard various remarks about that operating system though.. any good?

vista is great. the problems you are hearing about is pre SP1, i tried vista without the SP1 and it was terrable. but the service pack makes it better than XP in my opnion.

Am I the only one curious about the specs of his current computer?

Knowing what he's planning on buying, I would assume that its extremely dated.

Ibuypower.com is great and all, but buying everything from newegg is cheaper and you get to customize what you buy even more. You get more options.. you get to choose your brands.. customize everything down right to the color of the wire.

Putting your first computer together is easy enough for a 13 year old (that's when I did it)

Knowing what he's planning on buying, I would assume that its extremely dated.

Ibuypower.com is great and all, but buying everything from newegg is cheaper and you get to customize what you buy even more. You get more options.. you get to choose your brands.. customize everything down right to the color of the wire.

Putting your first computer together is easy enough for a 13 year old (that's when I did it)

Ya build your own. You can get a better computer for the money and you will learn in the process. It is really very simple. Most things only go in one place so you can't plug something in wrong and its a much more satisfying experience to know that what you are playing on was built by you.

Home Basic = the pinto of Vista.
Standard case power supply = crap
Certified CPU fan and heatsink = stock = forget overclocking

If you don't want to build, at least spring for a few bucks more and at least get Home Premium, a decent PSU, and a good cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom