Computer requirements for Emulators..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Well I'm sure many of you guys have messed with Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 Emulators. Well on my old computer I ran a 512 ATI Radeon 1950 Graphics with 2 gigs of ram and an AMD x2 Dual 4200. The Nintendo Game cube emulator ran incredibly slow and couldn't handle the graphics. (Tried to play Super Smash Brothers)

My new computer has an Intel Q6600, 8 gigs of ram (Probably 4 to start), and two EVGA 8800GT sli Video Cards.

I was wondering what my computer could handle as for emulators. If I went out searching could my new PC which is top of the line handle an Xbox or possible an Xbox 360/Wii? Could it even handle a Nintendo Game Cube?

I'm sure with enough searching I can find the emulators and eventually some games. I just don't know if it'll be worth it. Let me know what you think.

Randy

the emlator requirements are real low... i ran it on (Visualboy) on a p1 @ 200mhz, with 128mb RAM and an ATi Rage Card... and it was smooth..

If 360 emulators were available right now i think microsoft would have had something to say about their loss in sales lol

the gamecude emu runs slow only coz its not for computers they dont know how to read the data properly. coz i tryed to get it to work once.

hah funny thing is for the less you could buy a 360 wii and a gamecube but hey! PC Gaming is much better than console. Also whats with the 8gigs RAM? That is Extreme Overkill even 4gigs is unnecassary you're getting a 64bit OS right? otherwise your computer will only recognize 3.5gigs at most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom