computer perfomance - RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
ok so i recently purchased a x1950 pro graphics card to run FSX

my question is if i upgraded to 2gb ram would i see an increase in perfornace/FPS

also when i play the games some of the textures will render in a lower quality and then switch to a better quality 1 sec later...would upgarding my ram fix this

(is this a problem with my HDD, ram Cpu, or graphics ram)

It depends on how much memory the game is using. You must likely will see an improvement with 2GB RAM if you have it at high settings.

The hard drive can also slow it down due to the Page File and loading times. No matter what you're going to use Page file (unless you shut it off). It will be less of a problem once you get more memory though.

K im gonna install the full game on a samsung 320gb drive are samsung ok for speed is there anyway i can spped up the disk?

2 gigs would help more with loading times, reducing stutter & smoothing things out, will have little impact on fps.

for hard drive performance, make sure you have a pagefile, disable indexing service & turn off indexing on the drive, in device mgr make tick optimize for performance, and defrag regularly.

Well you would see a noticable change in loading times but not really too much in FPS. You would see a couple of extra FPS.

Also try overclocking your CPU. I have heard E6300's can get upto 3.2Ghz with stock cooling and voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom