computer for my son

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of computer for a 13th birthday present!? Jesus....will you adopt me?

I got a 'Congratulations son...' accompanied by a pat on the back for graduating highschool muchless something such as a 13th birthday.

It would be spoiling...but, he really, really, really likes this stuff!
I sure wish that would fly with my parents...'but I really really really like this stuff'

GET A JOB AND PAY FOR IT THEN!! lol...or in the case of being 13 and obviously not able to get a job "FIND A REAL HOBBY!"

I feel confident with all the advice - a BIG thanks again. Usually don't justify myself but, - he's an only child or this would be out! I've planned on doing it for a long time. He has a piece of garbage now - a bit of quality will be less expensive. I find nothing wrong with gaming as a hobby. I expect this will help him choose a career. Finally - he will stay off of MY computer (and no more "can I use your computer, pleeease").

You are all charming! thanks.

waaaaaaa be my dad pleaase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish my parents would pay for my computer, my dads a freakin pilot and my parents havnt really spoilt me with anything... :'(

Those are very good suggestions, and good changes.

When I was around 15, for my xmas present my parents basicly just paid tax for something half the value of that.

he's an only child or this would be out!
lol I told my parents about this thread and the first thing they said was "Hes probably an only child" :p

My mom was all "You got a computer" referring to back in 1994 when we got a 63MHz macintosh with 8mb of RAM, WOOOOO!!! and it was family computer not mine lol

I didn't have a computer of my own until I graduated high school...and my first computer all to myself is the one I have now. Before this, all I had was the family PC, which was a Pentium 233 MHz with 64MB of RAM and Windows 95 until 2003. That year I got a job and bought an HP for myself and my parents took it and made it the family PC as they said I wasnt old enough to have my own PC yet.

Lol, great dad. I'd like to see the look on your son's face when he gets it.

Just to revise the changes; 6800GT or 7800GT, 2 gigs RAM, and a DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D motherboard. Don't get the SLI-DR, its way more expensive and not worth it. If need be, you can mod the Ultra-D to the SLI-DR. Basically, theres no real reason so get the SLI-DR over the Ultra-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom