Computer lagg

Status
Not open for further replies.

David21

Baseband Member
Hello, i am going to be buying battle field 3, and i have been using battle field bad company 2 as a rough guide as how my computer will peform in battle field 3.

my system specs are
650 tx v2 corsair power supply
gigabyte ati 6850
amd athlon II quad core 640 3ghz
ddr3 8gb 1333

i have been using fraps to judge how good my computer is performing in battle field bad company 2, and i am quite pleased with the results though i get some lagg jolts, which is very annoying, my average fps is 60. im hoping somebody could tell me how to fix the lagg, is it my processor or do i need to upgrade my graphics card ?.

either selling my 6850 in ebay for 120 dollars and putting some money towards this : MSY Online

or upgrading my processor to this:
Computer Alliance Pty Ltd

also i do not understand why my computer laggs when it dropps 6 fps for one second, because 54 fps is still good.
also
how much performance increase would i be getting upgrading my processor. as i wouldnt really want to sell my graphics card as it is only a few weeks old.

or could it be my motherboard, as it was only 60 dollars, my motherboard is a ASUS m5a78L-MLX
pretty much to sum everything up, my computer laggs with high frame rates and i do not know why.

**** its getting SOO annoying, its frustrating, i was playing call of duty black ops and i was only getting 30 fps !!! low settings, i do not know wats wrong with my computer, i got a brand new 6850 and it hasnt done its job properly =/.

any ideas ?

Please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post. And don't start another thread on this subject.

Looking at the BF3 system requirements, yours meets the recommended specs, I can only think of 2 things.

1) Fraps. From what I understand Fraps is somewhat of a resource hog. Granted your machine should be running these games flawlessly, but there is an easy way to check. Restart your computer, run just the game, see if you're still getting lag spikes.

2) Internet connection. Someone else on your connection is using massive bandwidth or, your ISP is throttling your connection or, its just a hiccup that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom