Computer help.

Komoto

Beta member
Hey, my name is Komo :). I'm buying my first gaming rig this Monday and have learned quite a bit over the past months xD. Although i think I'll be fine I would like the help of some more experienced pc owners. I'd like to be able to run most games on high-ultra settings at reasonable fps and maybe film a bit with fraps. Here are the specs, I hope you guys can help me out :3.

• CPU: Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [+22])
  • MOTHERBOARD: (4-Way SLI Support) GIGABYTE X79-UP4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 3D UEFI Bios, Ultra Durable 5, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+164] (EVGA FTW Edition [+20])

Sorry about the prices, that's just from the website. Also I'm buying prebuilt since it's my first and plan to just upgrade it as I need in the future. Hope you guys can help me!

Best regards, Komo

If you are just gaming then there is no need in spending in the X79 platform. I would grab a Z77 board and 3770k instead since the 3770k is faster for gaming.

If you are just gaming then there is no need in spending in the X79 platform. I would grab a Z77 board and 3770k instead since the 3770k is faster for gaming.
Thanks! Are you sure it would be fine for filming with fraps aswell?
I'd like atleast 70 fps on bf3 without filming. would this work? Thanks again

It'll do over 70fps while recording even.

I was going to build one, but my parents werent fond of the idea :/ I'm only 13 but i do know quite a bit for my age :)
I'm planning on just upgrading this pc from now on myself since i completly understand how to build one :/ just wasnt allowed Thanks anyways! i cant wait im ordering this monday!

Back
Top Bottom