Computer GPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Beta member
This is my first post on this forum so pardon if I misclick and make it look all nubbish. Also, pardon any typos I may miss as I work in a meat department and had a little on the job accident the other day. All fingers still attached thank god, just hard to type with bandages.

Onward to the actual business, I'm aware they have USB tracking devices, that run off of batteries, and plug up through USB to show where it's been. But is there such a thing as a GPS device that plugs up through a 4 pin peripheral? For power purposes anyways, so it could simply be tracked by another source?

If a man had a business with several high end gaming pc's, and they did a lot of moving of these pc's and one was to ever get stolen, could there be pre-rigged a tracking device within the tower case to keep up with it as it made its trek away to someone else s abode?

If you are worried about computers being lost in the field, or being stolen, you could look into lojack, some laptops actually have a lojack capable BIOS, and every time it connects to the internet it calls home, being a lojack center, they also have a software solution that does the same thing, but AFAIK it is less secure than the BIOS option, but to use the BIOS version, your laptop has to support the option.

If the machine goes missing, you call them up, report it missing or stolen, when it connects, they will call either the police, or you and then you can retrieve the laptop.

Here is a link to Computrace Lo-Jack, my laptop has the option in it, but it was a business line laptop from dell, and AFAIK, all business line laptops from them have the BIOS option, just gotta purchase the license and set it up.
http://www.absolute.com/en/lojackforlaptops/home.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom