Computer choice

whats your suggestion on the i7 and graphics card? also whats your suggestion on a tower? 1344 is a bit pushy but i can handle a bit more

wifi-card, is that already installed in any of the parts of the computer or do i need to purchase a separate one?

You will need to buy a WiFi card.

you won't benefit much from an i7 if your primarily gaming so I would say keep the I5 and graphics card.

For a case it is really down to personal preference, your the only one that knows exactly what you like so it's best if you find one. If you want plenty of room get a full tower case but a mid tower will fit everything in there just won't be as much room.

My problem is just is it as simple as the one in the video? check my above post and just flip through it really quick to know what I am saying. Also, it won't be primarily gaming, it will be an everything computer which is why I asked if I should bump up, but I still will be gaming on it.

Yes it will be as easy, especially if you get a full tower case, it will be even bigger with more room for everything.

The i7 really only helps with video editing etc. you will not see difference when using the internet and programs like Microsoft office.

gaming is the only thing that will tax that computer. the answer and the build would only change if you said that you did something else besides that, like photoshop or video editing or some other resource intensive task. if all you did was the basic internet browsing then the cheapest computer in a box is all you really need.

the i7 costs more and you arent getting much more, especially since you arent breaking the computer with the tasks that you want it to do. if you want to reduce the budget, we can take the gpu down a notch or two.

putting a computer together is easy. if you can play with legos, you can put one together. dont be overly concerned about the wiring. some of it is preplanning where to slip the away to, but bottom line, do the best that you can in getting wires out of the way. it isnt necessary, but will look neater and keep the computer cooler with better airflow. if by wiring you meant what wires go where, 98% of the time, if it doesnt fit, it doesnt go there - a wire will only fit where it is supposed to go.

do you need the wifi card? generally you arent going to have as good or fast a connection as you can with a wired one.

i just picked out a random good quality tower. it is personal preference, so pick out any that looks good to you, but be wary of ones that are cheap. they tend to not be as well made and can cut your fingers on edges.

Yes, I do need the wifi card/chip :( because I don't know how my mom would react getting a wired connection, because it is already hooked up to something else. Is there any way to make the wired connection reach to my room and not take off the other connection?

Also, do you guys think I would need to purchase a separate cooler for the processor instead of using the one that comes with it?

Back
Top Bottom