Computer Chassis/Casing Thermal solution help

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanzk

Solid State Member
I am buying Chassis/Casing (Gigabyte) Mercury (GZ-FW1CA (ATS/ATB)) for installing these components.i.e. two (MSI) Geforce 8800GTX Graphic cards, (BFG tech) nForce680i motherboard, (Intel) X6800 core2Duo Processor, (Corsair) Dominator TWIN2X2048-6400C4D* memory, (Western digital) Raptor X Hard disk, (Creative) Xi-Fi Fatality1 sound card and DVD writer and Combo drive, and (Enermax) Galaxy 1000watts power supply.

I want to know that do the Liquid cooling solution installed in this Chassis/Casing is better than Air cooling Chassis/Casing. Any drawbacks or limitations. Kindly explain in detail.

Thanks!!!

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Chassis/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2327

I'm no pro on watercooling, but I can tell you that with your proposed setup, you will not require watercooling. Watercooling can provide a more effective cooling setup than air-cooling, but is not always required.

I'd recommend watercooling for you if you are planning on doing some extensive overclocking. Otherwise, don't even bother with watercooling.

yeah thats true watercooling only helps keep the temp at idle at all times so it can't "freeze" the cpu it works best for overclocking as mentioned earlier. also another reason you may wan't to go watercooling is that you may not want 50+ fans spinning when you turn on your computer so if your concerned about noise it will help. also if noise is a biggie to you you can also use sound dampening

how many fans you got? just case fans, not cpu, gpu, or psu fans. i have 5 case fans and if they are turned up all the way they are pretty loud. i have 1 120mm 80mm and 1 92mm. all hooked up to a fan controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom