computer busted :(

tristanjay

Solid State Member
I unfortunately tried to hook my TV up to my computer using hdmi. Unfortunately when I hooked up my computer to the TV and turned it on, it didn't show up on screen. Worse, it started turning itself off and on, I kept attempting to restart it but it wouldn't restart. Eventually I had to turn off the psu to finally turn off. Now it's totally dead and doesn't light up. How odd. I thinking it might be that can psu I bought. Any thoughts?

I doubt it did that. Was the computer running before fine? You smell anything funny when this happened? Have you tried putting your old card back in or use the onboard video?

I doubt it did that. Was the computer running before fine? You smell anything funny when this happened? Have you tried putting your old card back in or use the onboard video?

It was running fine yesterday until I plugged the hdmi from the card to the tv today. I didn't try starting it up today until i plugged the TV into it. haven't tried running my old video card but I took out the new card and tried to turn it on. The light on the motherboard lit up and the on button was steady orange and wouldn't start. I didn't smell anything but to be honest I don't smell as well as I used to and I stink from work. I hope the Amazon/manufacturer warranty for the card covers this lol.

If it's any good info I did have to bend down and remove the rubber protector over the hdmi. Also had the via plugged in at the same time but not hooked to the monitor.

Last edited:
Take the card out and plug your old monitor back into the IGP to see if it will come up.
Not shutting down is a good sign.

It doesn't start at all anymore. It's dead completely. My biggest hope at this point is that I can rule out my graphics card as the problem and can just return my psu. I might try to put my old psu in tomorrow. Do you think if I fried it Amazon would take it back? Worst case scenario I have to buy a new 1500 dollar pc. Which sucks Hardcore but maybe the good Lord is sending me a message to read a book instead.

Last edited:
If it died like that odds have it it went into protection before. Like I said though, you need to troubleshoot. Take the card out and try it, try the other PSU without the GPU. Rule out things before drawing conclusions.

If it died like that odds have it it went into protection before. Like I said though, you need to troubleshoot. Take the card out and try it, try the other PSU without the GPU. Rule out things before drawing conclusions.

Hmm I added my old hardware in and my old psu and although it shows a light on my motherboard it doesn't turn on. What could that mean? It's not just the psu?

Back
Top Bottom