I have $1000 (Australian currency - I'm in Aus) to spend on a computer.
I am looking to build from scratch rather than buy a pre-made one and need some assistance.
Some features I would like include:
- can handle heavy engineering programs
- at least 3GB ram
- 2 hard drives (one for backup / document file storage)
- usb 3.0
- appropriate hardware for broadband connection and/or maybe wireless internet connection
- dvd/rw and cd/rw drives
- monitor at least 22 inch
- case preferably black in colour
- will need some money left over for keyboard, mouse, speakers
Any help is much appreciated.
UPDATE: I do not need an operating system. Have it already.