Computer Addictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u have a good job and r earning money like me u can have both :D sick car sick rig im set for life

Is that necessary to have 4 cards in 6 months (And no offense, a 8600GT 512 isn't even THAT great of a card)?

Its an 8600GTS by the way, not 8600GT.

And no, its not that great of a card. Thats why I'm going to an 8800GT.

6 months ago I had the card I had for almost 2 years which was an 6800GT. Bought that for something like $340 at the time, lol.

so....

6800GT
7900GS
8600GTS(through step up from evga, which isn't calculated into the total)
8800GT

I haven't got the 8800GT yet, it will be here tomorrow. I will change the sig tomorrow.

BTW, that I am expecting to stick with the 8800GT the way I did with the 6800GT. Both are great products. I felt the 7900GS and 8600GTS were not. Thats why I am up to 4 different cards in 6 months.

BTW, I am expecting for the 8800GT to be used as long as the 6800GT was. It was sufficient the entire time it was used. I feel that the 7900GS and now the 8600GTS were not good enough so I upgrade again.

I've only spent $576 at newegg since I started ordering from them.

I built my system 2 years ago from TigerDirect (noob mistake)

I've seriously considered just dropping computers as a hobby, selling my new computer (going back to my P4/TNT2) and getting a drum set or putting the money towards a car, but then other days, I'm thinking about building my Quad-Core + SLI build and putting down well over a grand. I've only got like about maybe $2500 saved up atm... (I'm an 18-year-old student), yeah, it is a bit of an addiction, like, I got such a high from ordering my parts, then got an even greater rush when the parts came in and I got to feel out the parts in their shiny virgin boxes, and then I put it together and played some games and that rush instantly took a backseat to feeling very much underwhelmed.

Maybe games just don't do it for me anymore? Games were amazing when I was a child of 6-14 years old, like it was literally magic for me, now it's just, bleh, objects moving on screen, must complete objectives, argh, that's actually pretty depressing now that I think about it, all that wonder I had as a child, that magic, is gone forever, my young adult days just seem rudimentary and predictable, with only drugs, sex and alcohol to give me some kind of escape from the grayness that has become my life [/emo]

seriously though, this thread makes me think

While I just ordered and awaiting parts for my first built all $1500 of it, I certainly have internet addiction. I met my wife over the internet, I found jobs that I have worked over the net, and I research my other hobbies over the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom