Complex Media Center PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
Ok, my family has decided to upgrade to a media center pc from all the old equipment we have.

Right now we have a crap load of stuff set up to our tube that’s not worth much any more because it's over 10 years old and starting to break down.
Untitled-1.jpg

What were looking to put in is either a new cable box or a dish box and also a media center pc. I don't know how to set this up right so that I can't put the cable/ dish box up though the media center PC.

Also we have a 5.1 surround sound system that I need to care to that works on AV connectors not AVX.

Then the things on the right are splitters that split the sound to other speakers around my house like kitchen, outside, game room etc.

How can I set this up right?

Thanks, Noga

there is a lot of stuff there why don't you aays what you have and what you want to do

will h4x 4 food said:
LOL! that is a crap load of stuff! looks like u have multiple units of the same thing...what is that stuff for?

Those are the splitters. (on the right side) You need one spliter per room.

That is how old or set up is.

Here's the left side.
DSC00854copy.jpg

Geez....that's serious media center you got there. What's on the other side? Wire management must be a b****.

lol a 100 disk cd changer and a 5 disk changer love the amount of hardware there extremely impressive even if it is 10 years old. But sorry i dont know how to help you although theres probably a sound card or external adapter somewhere which will allow you to use av connections.

Matt

Wow... what a set up! I think that the best way to get this done would to be go in (maybe after Christmas when the insane amount of shoppers have gone and prices have dropped) and talk to a sales rep who knows what hes talking about and have a couple chats about how to get everything you need out of this new setup. Good luck with that and we'd love to see it when its done!

pizzalover555 said:
Wow... what a set up! I think that the best way to get this done would to be go in (maybe after Christmas when the insane amount of shoppers have gone and prices have dropped) and talk to a sales rep who knows what hes talking about and have a couple chats about how to get everything you need out of this new setup. Good luck with that and we'd love to see it when its done!

I wish, I live in palm beach and they just super developed everything around me.

I went to the new best buy and the guy therer was an idiot. The store had to just pull as many emplyies as it could and none of them know anything.

Lets hope after the holidays they get some intellegent people in.

... although.... there is a sound advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom