Completely Noob Question..Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
Okay, setting up my other comp for band use. Bought a 320GB sata300 HD. Used Wester Digital tools to format it into several partitions. Tried to load windows and I would get through the copy file point, then when it would go to reboot It would restart right before the point where it asks you to press any key to boot to cd. I went in to reformat the drive with lifegaurd tools cd and it showed 850, 320, and 0GB partitions. Finally I just allowed data tools to just make 1 130GB partition and then windows installed fine...

How do I get windows to see the whole drive capacity? Did I create partitions wrong?? I have been using my 74GB raptors too long...

um, you'd best to NOT post in the "Building, Buying, or Upgrading High Performance PC Systems" and more like the Hardware troubleshooting section. Because this has nothing what so ever to do with building and etc. try using a partition tool in windows bty to get at the other partitions.

You are completely right, I just went there by defualt...duh...so once you have the partition made, with windows on it... you can use a tool to get at the rest of the drive? What is the name of one of these tools so I can try and find it?

Right click "my computer", click manage, then go to disk management. You cant partition more than 130ish unless you have SP2 I think. Anyway, it should show that you have like 170ish left on your drive that's unpartitioned since you probably are getting less than 300 actual gigs out of your 320. Then just right click and find the partition or w/e option. Once you get to the disk management I have faith that you'll figure it out.

Thank you guys, like I said, completely noob. I can build my system but can't get my drive partitioned....sad

Heh, that's alright. You're in pharmacy school, I don't know any of that stuff but I can put a bandaid on... kind of the same situation? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom